Welcome to the Cinema Squad Podcast – Episode #34!
Or catch the podcast on iTunes! Just go here: iTunes. Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss an Episode. And please RATE US on iTUNES!
You can learn more about who the Cinema Squad are here.
This episode we discuss:
CINEMA SQUAD 10/16/16
UPDATES, CORRECTIONS, & TIDBITS
- Disney released a new trailer for “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”
- Trailer released for “USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage”
- Guy Ritchie to direct live-action “Aladdin” movie from a script by John August
- Boyd Holbrook joins “The Predator,” replacing Benicio del Toro
- “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” spinoff will be a five-film franchise
- Jeff Nathanson hired to write the script for Disney’s live-action remake of “The Lion King”
- STX Entertainment is planning a “Bad Dads” movie as a spinoff from its “Bad Moms” comedy
THE BOX OFFICE REPORT
1st with $24-Million is The Accountant
2nd with $11.98-Million is Kevin Hart: What Now?
3rd with $11.97-Million is The Girl on the Train
4th with $9-Million is Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
5th with $6-Million is Deepwater Horizon
- Michelle Williams to portray Janis Joplin in Sean Durkin’s biopic centering on the 1960s rock icon.
- Director Sam Gold is looking to make the leap to the big screen with “Letters From Rosemary.”
- Barry Jenkins to write the coming-of-age drama based on the life of Olympic boxing champ Claressa “T-Rex” Shields.
Since the show today is being lead by a strong female, Sean wanted to test our knowledge on Strong Female Leads in feature films.
- Scribe Billy Ray has come on to write an adaptation of “Don Quixote” for Disney.
- Scribe Daniel Casey has been brought on board to write “Incognito,” Sony’s adaptation of the comic by Ed Brubaker.
Closing Segment: Gender Swapping Trend