Or catch the podcast on iTunes! Just go here: iTunes. Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss an Episode. And please RATE US on iTUNES!
You can learn more about who the Cinema Squad are here.
This episode we discuss:
CINEMA SQUAD 2/19/17
UPDATES, CORRECTIONS, & TIDBITS
- New Trailers for “Everything, Everything,” “The House,” “Song to Song” & “Power Rangers.”
- Niki Caro to direct Disney’s live-action adaptation of “Mulan.”
- Ruben Fleischer, Daniel Espinosa, Jonathan Levine & Mel Gibson all meeting Warner Bros. about “Suicide Squad 2.”
- Michelle Rodriguez cast in “Widows.”
- Angela Lansbury joins “Mary Poppins Returns.”
- “The Purge 4” to be released July 4, 2018.
- David F. Sandberg is in talks “Shazam.”
- Talks have broken down between Warner Bros. & director Matt Reeves about “The Batman.”
1st with $32-Million is The LEGO Batman Movie (estimated $42m for the four day holiday)
2nd with $21-Million is Fifty Shades Darker (estimated $24m for the four day holiday)
3rd with $17-Million is The Great Wall (estimated $20m for the four day holiday)
4th with $15-Million is John Wick: Chapter 2 (estimated $18m for the four day holiday)
5th with $11-Million is Fist Fight (estimated $12m for the four day holiday)
THEATER – NETFLIX – OR NEVER
Opening next weekend, we have: “Get Out” – “Rock Dog” – “Collide” – “The Girl with All the Gifts” – “My Life as a Zucchini”
THE HOT LIST
- Robert Downey Jr. will star in a movie directed by Richard Linklater based on the “Man of the People” episode from the “Reply All” podcast.
- Mahershala Ali is in talks to join Tom Hardy and Channing Tatum in Paramount’s “Triple Frontier.”
- WarParty & XYZ Films will partner on the reimagining of “The Raid,” which Joe Carnahan will direct & write, and Frank Grillo will star in.
- Jared Leto will direct the police thriller “77” for Paramount Pictures.
- Noah Hawley has set a pair of films at Fox Searchlight: “Pale Blue Dot” & “Buried Bodies.”
Closing Segment: OSCAR PREDICTIONS!
With the 89th Annual Academy Awards coming next Sunday, February 26th, we here at the Cinema Squad are going to discuss who we think will win (and who we think should win) in the major categories.